I haven’t tried this recipe yet but it’s on my list for the weekend. It makes two loaves. I’ll report back on this one!*
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 7 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- Cream the butter and sugar. Blend in the bananas, vanilla and eggs.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Add to the banana mixture and mix until just combined. Pour into two greased 9×5 inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 350F. Check on the bread after 35 minutes (it may take up to 60 minutes). Banana bread is done when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool the banana bread in the pan for 10 minutes then cool completely on a wire rack.
I JUST put 3 loaf pans of banana bread in the oven…we’ll see what it tastes like in about an hour. I did find a great site for banana bread recipes that look delicious:
One of the recipes is very similar to the above but called for a 1/2 cup of vanilla yogurt. I happen to have some plain yogurt sitting in the fridge so I decided to add 3/4 cup (the recipe I’m using is larger). Hopefully, it will help make a moist banana bread!