- 1.25lbs Chunks of pork (or chicken pieces)
- 1/2 cup Vinegar (I use Datu Puti)
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce (I use low sodium)
- Crushed/chopped garlic (A LOT)
- Fresh cracked peppercorns
- 3 Bay leafs
- Add all ingredients into pot. Do not stir.
- Cook on medium until boiling.
- Lower heat, cover & let simmer ’til done.
- If you like it “wet”, make sure to not simmer away all the liquid. If you like it “more malutong”, simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated and then if necessary, add more oil (I use olive for most types of cooking unless I’m actually deep frying).
Serve with white rice.
Still to come…Uncle Manny’s adobo wrapped in banana leaves for inihaw!