I had this at a symphony ball reception a few years back & just could not get enough of it even though I am not a huge caviar fan. As per usual, I have no measurements as the recipe was given to me by the caterer on site.
Everything goes into a spring form pan.
- Boiled eggs – chopped
- Red onion – chopped
- Sour cream
- Cream cheese
- Scallions – chopped
- Caviar (the smallest kinds – caterer used black & red)
- Combine the eggs & mayo – put into bottom of pan.
- The 2nd layer will be the chopped onions.
- Using a hand mixer, combine sour cream & cream cheese.
- Spread mixture over the 2nd layer.
- Sprinkle the top with the caviar.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hrs.
- When ready to serve, release from the pan and garnish with scallions all way around (border the concoction with scallions).
- Serve with water crackers.