These are simply some of THE BEST muffins I’ve ever made. I’ve adapted the recipe below from Lindsey’s Kitchen and opted out of the streusel topping. They aren’t overly sweet but they are packed full of flavor between the pumpkin, fresh tart cranberries and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Be forewarned: these are very moist muffins and make for a somewhat finger-lickin’ good experience!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 bag fresh cranberries
- 1/2 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine flour and baking powder in medium bowl.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients except for cranberries & chocolate chips in a large bowl until smooth.
- Blend in the flour mixture, chocolate chips and cranberries until just combined.
- Divide batter among muffin cups (each should be about three-fourths full).
- Bake until puffed and golden brown and wooden pick or skewer inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- Cool in pan on a rack five minutes, then transfer muffins from pan to rack and cool to warm or room temperature.