This is a moist & delicious banana bread recipe that i foundat sweetpeaskitchen.com. I’ve adapted it so if you want to see the original recipe, go to http://sweetpeaskitchen.com/2011/02/09/banana-espresso-chocolate-chip-bread/
- 4-5 mashed, very ripe sm-med sized bananasout
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour (you can use bleached, too)
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder or fine grind espresso (I used Cafe Bustelo)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Guittard extra dark chocolate chips
- 1/2-3/4 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour one 9×5 inch loaf pan or in my case a round baking pan 9″x1.75″.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the bananas, sugars, butter, milk, and egg; set aside.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the flour, instant espresso powder, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the well and stir just until combined. Fold in the dried cranberries chocolate chips.
- Scrape batter into prepared loaf pan and smooth surface with a rubber spatula. Bake in preheated oven for 55-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes, then transfer to wire rack and cool completely before serving, at least 1 hour.